Passports are required.
See New Application/Renewal Info HERE (10-12 week process right now)
*** IMPORTANT PASSPORT INFORMATION ***
For the purposes of this program, you must have a passport that expires August 2, 2022 or later and have at least 1 empty page – PLEASE CHECK YOURS!
According to the U.S. Passport website, as of June 1, 2021, you can now apply for routine service and expect to receive a USA passport in 10-12 weeks. You also have the option of paying an additional $60 for expedited service to receive your passport in 4-6 weeks, but if you apply during trip registrations you should have plenty of time to get it back in time.
These processing times apply to applications submitted by mail and in-person at an acceptance facility in your community. Most acceptance facilities such as post offices, clerks of court, and libraries are open and accepting passport applications, but they encourage you to apply by mail when possible because it is a safe, contactless option for certain services. You can download, fill out and print passport forms online, check the status of your application, schedule an appointment at a passport agency and more online. Click below for more information or visit travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html.
UNITED STATES CITIZENS TRAVELLING TO JAMAICA:
- Jamaica currently has testing and insurance purchase requirements in place. We are monitoring all travel requirements and will advise of any additional steps needed prior to travel dates. CLICK HERE to learn more about Jamaica’s travel policies.
- All persons travelling to Jamaica require a Non-resident Travel Authorization document. A Travel Authorization is NOT required to book your flight. It is however a requirement for check-in and boarding and the airlines will not allow passengers to board without it. In order to obtain a Travel Authorization document, non-residents should apply at https://travelauth.visitjamaica.com. This is mandatory of all travelers and may be submitted anytime within the seven (7) day period before the intended date of travel. Note: You may also apply for other family members’ Travel Authorization but must indicate that you are applying for “Someone Else” at the appropriate stage in the application process.
- At this time, ALL flights departing the United States are dictating passengers must wear masks that are KN95/3-5 layers and are not allowing two-layer, homemade masks. They are also not allowing balaclavas, scarves, bandannas, cowl/turtlenecks, etc. Some airports are also requiring their use. Be prepared – bring more masks than you think you’ll need. Non-compliance may result in denial of travel, not only on that day but potentially a future flight ban.
- Arrive at the check in desk of your airport NO LESS than two hours prior to take off. The airlines ask for three hours for an international flight and we recommend you follow their request.
- A passport with at least one blank page inside is required to enter Jamaica. In addition to your passport, please bring a copy of the picture/data page. Carry it with you, separate from the passport; do not place in checked bags. You might also give a copy of all your travel documents to a trusted friend at home in case of an emergency.
- During the flight, you will receive and will be required to complete a Customs Form (one per person) and an Immigration Form – do not lose them! See “What to Expect at Sangster – Arrival/Airport Process” on the TRAVEL FAQs document below to learn how these forms will be collected.
- When entering and departing from Jamaica, a departure tax is required but it is included in your air ticket, both ways. Decline any requests for payment.
- Passports are required and must be valid until at least until 6 months after your return date (August 2, 2022 for this trip).
- If you are arriving or departing on dates OTHER than January 28/29 and February 2, you will be responsible for booking your own transfers. More info on that in the FAQs.
- Click to download your best resource for more specific information about Ground Transportation, the Airport, and other TRAVEL FAQs
COVID-19 TESTING REQUIREMENTS (subject to change)