According to the National Hurricane Center there is currently a 70-90% chance of development into a tropical storm in the next couple of days (https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php). Some computer models predict that it may develop into a hurricane during the time of the President’s Club event and could have a potential impact zone that includes the Yucatan Peninsula’s Rivera Maya which contains the Secret’s Resort Moxche in Playa del Carmen (https://www.trackthetropics.com/INVEST98/). Please be safe, you travel at your own risk.
Passports are required.
See New Application/Renewal Info HERE (8-11 weeks process, normally)
*** IMPORTANT PASSPORT INFORMATION ***
For the purposes of this program, you must have a passport that expires March 28, 2023 or later and have at least 2 pages empty- PLEASE CHECK YOURS!
According to the U.S. Passport website, as of July, 2022, you can apply for routine service and expect to receive a USA passport in 8-11 weeks, which is too long if you expect to go on the trip in September.
It’s cutting it close, but you also have the option of paying an additional $60 for expedited service to receive your passport in 5-7 weeks, from the day an application is received at the passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply.
These processing times apply to applications submitted by mail and in-person at an acceptance facility in your community. Most acceptance facilities such as post offices, clerks of court, and libraries are open and accepting passport applications, but they encourage you to apply by mail when possible because it is a safe, contactless option for certain services. It is suggested you submit your application via trackable mail, so you can track your application before it enters the system. Mail times vary across the country, so plan ahead and apply early.
You can download, fill out and print passport forms, check the status of your application, schedule an appointment at a passport agency and more online. If you’re not eligible to renew your passport (info on the right), please go to the Apply in Person page to learn the steps for how to apply. For more information, visit travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html.
UNITED STATES CITIZENS TRAVELLING TO MEXICO:
- As a result of a court order effective April 18, 2022, CDC’s January 2021 Order requiring masks on public transportation conveyances and at transportation hubs is no longer in effect. CDC continues to recommend that people wear masks in indoor public transportation settings at this time. Currently, some airlines departing the US still ask or require passengers to wear surgical/N95/KN95 masks that cover your nose and mouth (disallowing balaclavas, scarves, bandannas, cowl/turtlenecks.) Once you receive your flight reservation info and log on to enter your personal data, stay on top of your airline’s rules. Be prepared – bring more masks than you think you’ll need. Non-compliance may result in denial of travel, not only on that day but potentially a future flight ban.
- In December, 2021, the CDC released updated travel recommendations for international travelers. They recommend you do not travel unless you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. That being said, if you are NOT vaccinated you can still travel.
- On the day of your departure, arrive at the check in desk of your airport NO LESS than two hours prior to take off. The airlines ask for three hours for an international flight and we recommend you follow their request.
- Passports are required and must be valid until at least until 6 months after your return date (March 28, 2023 for this trip)
- Your passport is also required to have at least two blank pages inside to enter Mexico. In addition to your passport, please bring a copy of the picture/data page. Carry it with you, separate from the passport; do not place in checked bags.
- A Tourist Card, (Official Entry Immigration Form-FMM), is required to enter Mexico. Most airlines no longer distribute this form. To avoid completing this form upon landing, we highly recommend you complete this form online within 30 days of your travel date. There are many online companies charging for this service but you can apply for free with the Mexican government in the month prior to travel. Go to https://www.mexicotouristcard.com/ and fill in the form. Your tourist card will be emailed to you, print it and take with you. Each traveler must have their own form. The completed form is presented to Immigration with your passport upon arrival in Mexico. Because your information is in their system, they will simply stamp the form’s exit portion, and return it to you, (keeping the entry form on file). You must then present that portion when you are checking in for your return flight. It is extremely important to safeguard this form – DO NOT LOSE IT! Not having it may incur a fine and delay your return.
- During the inbound flight, or once landed, you will also need to fill out a customs form. After passing through immigration, you will collect your bags and hand the form to the customs agent after screening.
COVID-19 TESTING REQUIREMENTS (subject to change)
Before you leave the United States: