Passports are required.
See New Application/Renewal Info HERE (10-12 weeks process, normally)
*** IMPORTANT PASSPORT INFORMATION ***
For the purposes of this program, you must have a passport that expires April 20, 2022 or later and have at least 2 pages empty- PLEASE CHECK YOURS!
According to the U.S. Passport website, as of June 1, 2021, you can now apply for routine service and expect to receive a USA passport in 10-12 weeks. You also have the option of paying an additional $60 for expedited service to receive your passport in 4-6 weeks, but if you apply during trip registrations you should have plenty of time to get it back in time.
These processing times apply to applications submitted by mail and in-person at an acceptance facility in your community. Most acceptance facilities such as post offices, clerks of court, and libraries are open and accepting passport applications, but they encourage you to apply by mail when possible because it is a safe, contactless option for certain services. You can download, fill out and print passport forms online, check the status of your application, schedule an appointment at a passport agency and more online. Click below for more information or visit travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html.
UNITED STATES CITIZENS TRAVELLING TO MEXICO:
- At this time, masks are still required at the airport and on planes. Please be prepared. Non-compliance may result in denial of travel, not only on that day but potentially a future flight ban.
- Click HERE for the latest information about the latest Puerto Los Cabos COVID-19 travel parameters.
- On the day of your departure, arrive at the check in desk of your airport NO LESS than two hours prior to take off. The airlines ask for three hours for an international flight and we recommend you follow their request.
- Passports are required and must be valid until at least until 6 months after your return date (April 20, 2022 for this trip)
- Your passport is also required to have at least two blank pages inside to enter Mexico. In addition to your passport, please bring a copy of the picture/data page. Carry it with you, separate from the passport; do not place in checked bags.
- A tourist card will be distributed during the flight to Mexico which must be completed prior to entering Immigration. A portion of this document will be returned to you for use on the return trip home, do not lose it!
- During the inbound flight, or once landed, you will also need to fill out a customs form. After passing through immigration, you will collect your bags and hand the form to the customs agent after screening.