Passports are required.
See New Application/Renewal Info HERE (10-12 week process right now)
*** IMPORTANT PASSPORT INFORMATION ***
For the purposes of this program, you must have a passport that expires October 28, 2021 or later – PLEASE CHECK YOURS!
FYI: Due to COVID-19, passports can still take up to 3 months! According to the U.S. Passport website, as of October 14, 2020, you can now apply for routine service and expect to receive a USA passport in 10-12 weeks. You also have the option of paying an additional $60 for expedited service to receive your passport in 4-6 weeks.
These processing times apply to applications submitted by mail and in-person at an acceptance facility in your community. Most acceptance facilities such as post offices, clerks of court, and libraries are open and accepting passport applications, but they encourage you to apply by mail when possible because it is a safe, contactless option for certain services.
Click below for more information or visit travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html.
UNITED STATES CITIZENS TRAVELLING TO JAMAICA:
- Jamaica currently has testing and insurance purchase requirements in place. We are monitoring all travel requirements and will advise of any additional steps needed prior to travel dates.
- Arrive at the check in desk of your airport NO LESS than two hours prior to take off. The airlines ask for three hours for an international flight and we recommend you follow their request.
- A passport with at least one blank page inside is required to enter Jamaica. In addition to your passport, please bring a copy of the picture/data page. Carry it with you, separate from the passport; do not place in checked bags.
- During the flight, you will receive and will be required to complete a Customs Form (one per person) and an Immigration Form – do not lose them! See “What to Expect at Sangster – Arrival/Airport Process” on the TRAVEL FAQs document below to learn how these forms will be collected.
- When entering and departing from Jamaica, a departure tax is required but it is included in your air ticket, both ways. Decline any requests for payment.
- Passports are required and must be valid until at least until 6 months after your return date (October 28, 2021 for this trip)
- If you are arriving or departing on dates OTHER than April 23/24 and April 28, you will be responsible for booking your own transfers. More info on that in the FAQs.
- Click to download your best resource for more specific information about Ground Transportation, the Airport, and other TRAVEL FAQs