It used to be that only specific stores had hand sanitizers available for their customers. COVID-19 changed that, and now sanitation stations are ubiquitous not only at retail entrances, but throughout most stores and businesses. Take a closer look, and you will find a huge percentage of those sanitizer stations are Ecolab products. But if everyone has sanitation stations, are they really that great for business? Pollock Orora has those facts for you.
Why Hand Sanitizer?
Hand sanitizers quickly kill a vast number of pathogens on the surface of your skin. If you have touched door knobs or displays, a quick dose of sanitizer can keep those pathogens from transferring from one person to another.
Most high-touch areas also contain sanitizer stations, such as check-out lines, produce areas, or fitting rooms.
Sanitation for Everyone
Customers are not the only people in a retail setting who benefit from sanitizer stations. Think about the average co-worker shaking customer hands, grabbing a pencil off the counter, or laying a hand on a table. Any of these instances can lead to a fistful of germs.
While soap and water is the preferred method of removing pathogens, it is not feasible to take a break every few minutes and excuse yourself to the restroom. Hand sanitizer is the go-to method of stopping pathogens quickly, and sanitizer stations are the ultimate weapon.
Both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) recommend hand sanitizer to stop the spread of pathogens and reduce illness.
By the Numbers
According to the CDC, 80% of all infections trace their route from one person to another through hand transmission. Here are more statistics you should know about illness and hand sanitizer:
• Businesses report approximately $226 billion in lost revenue every year from co-workers who are ill.
• 90% of co-workers report they will work even when they feel ill.
• On a positive note, appropriate hand hygiene, such as using hand sanitizer, can reduce hospital visits and sick days by 40%.
• Hand sanitizers remove 99.9% of pathogens on our hands.
• Co-workers who used sanitizing stations 5 or more times daily were 2/3 less likely to suffer illness compared to co-workers who only washed hands.
When you use hand sanitizer to reduce the number of germs on your hands before you leave the office, you are less likely to bring illness home to your family. Your children and immunocompromised family members are less likely to contract illnesses when you practice good hand hygiene.
If hand sanitizing stations are in plain sight, patrons and co-workers are more likely to use them. Therefore, it’s best to ensure your work areas have one at key locations.
Patrons and co-workers feel better about being in an office with hand sanitizing stations. These small stations prove employers care about everyone in the building and want to ensure a healthy environment.
Key Locations for Ecolab Sanitizing Stations
Like any office item, you want to make sure that you’re putting hand sanitizing stations in all the right places. Consider putting them in the following areas:
• Bathrooms: While the majority of people believe in washing hands with soap and water after using the restroom, not nearly as many actually follow through. While sanitizing stations in a restroom may seem redundant to many, it is absolutely essential to others.
• Doorways: Any entranceway with a doorknob is a potential for the spread of pathogens. A virus has the potential of hanging around on a doorknob for 2-4 hours, where it can pass to 40%-60% of hands touching it.
• Food prep, storage, and consumption areas: If you have pathogens on your hands and eat a hamburger, those pathogens enter your body. In cafeteria settings, handling food trays is another method of spreading germs.
• Registers: It is a well documented fact that currency is a fantastic way to transmit germs. Add a sanitizing station anywhere money is exchanged.
• Desks or other meeting areas: Especially if your co-workers meet with clients inside your facility, it is imperative to keep all offices as germ-free as possible. Any location where high-touch electronics are present, such as phones, computers, or adding machines, needs a sanitation station.
What Makes Ecolab Sanitation Stations Superior?
Pre-pandemic, Ecolab was already sanitizing over 40 billion hands around the world. According to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and CDC guidelines, hand sanitizer must contain 60% ethyl alcohol or 70% isopropyl alcohol to be effective. Ecolab exceeds these standards. Ecolab’s stringent quality control processes ensure no products contain 1-propanol or methanol, which can be unhealthy.
Ecolab dispensers work equally well with gels, foams, or liquids. Ecolab dispensers have a patented pump to dispense the correct amount of sanitizer without undue waste. An internal regulator sets the exact amount you believe to be precise. Ecolab’s cutting-edge technology revolutionizes battery use with an approximately 44% saving in battery life.
Refilling is a snap with easy-to-view clear sides to know how much sanitizer remains. Cartridges can only be inserted one way, so you know it is correct.
Different sized Ecolab dispensers are available in either push or no-touch varieties. Rest assured Ecolab’s push-style dispensers are safe. The push lever is coated with an antimicrobial layer to keep patrons and co-workers safe by preventing the growth of bacteria, mildew, and mold.
Take a look at other sanitizing stations, then come back to Pollock Orora for Ecolab products. Their superior stations along with their stellar reputation are matched only by Pollock Orora’s great pricing and customer service. Give us a call at 800-843-7320 to order your sanitizing stations today.